Welland City Hall

Dublin Core

Title

Welland City Hall

Description

In 1895, the library officially was known as The Welland Public Library in accordance with The Public Library Act. During this time:
- Books were classified and numbered.
- There was a reading room.
- Fines and membership were charged.
- A copy of Dewey's classification was purchased.
In 1899, the library was moved to the new Town Hall.
The photo is of The Welland Town Hall at the corner of King and Division Street.

Files

WPL_Welland_City_Hall_005.jpg

Citation

“Welland City Hall ,” Welland Public Library Local History, accessed June 18, 2024, https://omeka.wellandlibrary.ca/items/show/8264.